What is the New Possibilities Programme?
Seaside’s New Possibilities Programme is designed to help break down the practical barriers than can prevent our tenants from taking part in activities or education that will have a positive impact on the happiness and wellbeing of themselves and their families.
The programme reflects the national “Five Ways to Wellbeing” campaign that has been adopted locally by the NHS and Brighton & Hove City Council.
Tenants are invited to apply for funding to cover the cost of an activity that is linked to the “Five Ways to Wellbeing”. There will be four funding rounds per year with each round open for a period of one month.
Hover over the buttons below:
What sort of things will the New Possibilities Programme pay for?
Here are just a few examples of the sort of things the programme will fund:
- The cost of attending a course, some training or a series of classes
- Transport to an event or an activity (eg: a day out, a training course, a social event)
- Holiday clubs for children
- Classes or equipment for children (eg: swimming lessons, football club)
- School trips
- Entry to a venue for a day out
- Entrance to a lunch club or social event
A maximum of £250 has been set aside for each individual application. However, it may be possible for us to contribute towards the cost of an activity if we are not able to meet the full cost.
However, the programme will NOT pay for:
- The repair or replacement of household goods
- Activities or events that involve drugs or alcohol
- Activities or events that take place outside of the UK
Who can apply?
- The New Possibilities Programme is available to all Seaside Homes tenants, except for those who have indicated their intention to leave the property or are involved in court proceedings with Seaside Homes where judgement has not yet been determined.
- Only one application can be made per household, per funding round
- Following a successful application, households may not apply again for a period of 24 months
- Only applications received before the deadline date will be considered in that specific funding round. Applications received after the closing date will automatically be entered in to the next funding round.
How to Apply
If you are interested in making an application, please complete the contact form opposite.
Upon receipt of your request our Tenant Engagement Officer will arrange for an application pack to be sent out to you as soon as possible.
Completed application forms must be returned before the deadline date in order to be considered in the current funding round.
The next funding round is open from: Thursday 1st July to Saturday 31st July 2021
Other organisations whose services you may find useful to ensure you maintain your health and well-being
Time To Talk
Mind Brighton & Hove
Advice & support services
Brighton Unemployed Centre
Practical advice, support and more
Brighton Health & Wellbeing Centre
Support, therapies and advice
B & H Wellbeing Service
Support services & therapies