We may need to share personal information with third parties. We do this to achieve the purposes as set out in the links above.
We also share information:
- To fulfill our obligations as a landlord and to ensure that Brighton & Hove City Council is able to effectively perform its functions as managing agent.
- For detecting possible fraud (e.g. as part of the National Fraud Initiative)
- To deal with rent arrears (e.g. tracing and/or debt collection agencies)
- To deal with unpaid bills, e.g. utility or council tax bills – we may need to pass on your forwarding address to utilities companies and local authorities.
- To help us communicate with you (e.g. we sometimes use external printers, agencies and translators etc)
- To assist the Police in solving crime and investigating anti-social behaviour.
As part of the government’s reform of welfare benefits, they’ve introduced new regulations on information sharing. This means we can now share limited information about our residents and their properties with local authorities. For example; name, address, age and number of bedrooms per property.
The new regulations will help us identify and support those who may be affected by welfare reform.
We may also disclose your personal details, if required to do so, by law or any Government body.
Seaside Homes contracts external companies to manage certain areas of our business, to fulfill our obligations as a landlord.
We share limited personal information of our residents with external contractors, such as name, address and telephone number.
- Repairs and maintenance contractors
- Out of hours call centre service
- Health and safety and compliance checks (e.g. gas servicing, lifts, asbestos, legionella).
We’ll only share the minimum information necessary for the contractor to carry out their services on behalf of Seaside Homes. If you have any concerns about a company operating on behalf of Seaside Homes, or information that’s been shared with an external company, please contact us using the details below.
We’ll never sell personal information to a third party.
We may use data disclosed to us for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud.
Any personal data disclosed may be used for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud. This includes information provided on the Seaside Homes website or in any other way provided to us, whether it was collected on-line or not.
The data collected may be used for the purpose of data matching and for further investigations. This involves comparing the data we hold on you with that held by third parties solely for the purpose of detecting and preventing fraud. We might also use your data to further investigate fraud that we think might have been committed.
This involves checking with various third parties, such as the Land Registry, banks, schools and utility companies and where appropriate, making a report to the police.