Seaside are pleased to report that we have agreed the vast majority of the recommendations made by tenants.
We agreed to commitments to maintain several different methods of communications to ensure that people are not excluded. We agreed to a lot of actions that we have been able to put in place already, such as:
- Stop using the term “Scrutiny” and use alternatives. We have started using the term Tenant Report and Tenant Recommendations, and we will be seeking your feedback on these terms.
- Identify the sender in every SMS sent by beginning the message with “SEASIDE”
- Begin SMS with “Hi Seaside tenant” so that tenants know it’s relevant to them.
- Focus on including all info in SMS rather than just a link to a website. Provide a phone number for more information.
- Check links are working before sending via SMS.
- Make Seaside Homes Facebook Page followers private.
- Set up automatic confirmation emails when tenants submit an online form via our website.
- Run a competition in Seaside News for a tenant to design the new Front Page of the Tenant Handbook.
We have also committed to more actions and set ourselves timeframes to complete these. You can read these under “Planned Actions”. There were also a handful or recommendations we have not been able to commit to and we have explained these in full in our Action Plan.
We are very grateful for the time and thought that the involved tenants put into their recommendations and we feel that this has been a great way to explore improvements and progress in how we communicate!
We will be holding more events in the future where tenants can look closely at a particularly area of our service delivery and make a set of recommendations. If you are interested, or have any thoughts on this Report and Action Plan, please contact us on 01273 732061 or email@example.com.